So here is a little sneak peak of the reading corner in the nursery but more importantly, my post for what is in my hospital bag! I am currently 36 wks and 3 days preggo so my bag is packed and by the front door all ready to go!
I read through so many blogs and posts over the past few months and the biggest takeaway is NOT TO OVER PACK. The hospital (so I have heard) will give you so many things while you are there and to take home with you so less is more. I stuck to basic essentials for myself, Joe and the baby.
First things first, here is the bag I will be taking to the hospital with me. It's super functional, has so much room and it is under $100! I needed a new weekend bag any way and thought this was perfect.
Next I wanted to link as much as I could in this pic! The blanket was a gift and the throw pillow is from Home Goods but everything else in linked for you guys! We are obsessed with our glider!
I decided to break down what's in my bag in two ways. Everything is linked below!
For Mom & Dad:
1. Comfortable Clothes - I packed a sweat shirt, sweat pants and a pajama dress for while I am in the hospital
2. Going home outfit - I went with the very basic, leggings and oversized sweater since it will be cold!
3. Toiletry Bag - Toothbrush, toothpaste, some makeup, a brush, face wash, moisturizer, dry shampoo etc. Anything that you will need if you want to freshen up.
4. Fuzzy Slippers!
5. Snacks! - protein bars, fruit snacks and a few other things we like!
6. Our professional camera to take pictures while we are there
7. Nursing Bra
8. Nursing Pads (I heard they give them to you but I packed a few just in case)
9. Phone Charger
1. Two Outfits while in the hospital
2. Going home outfit
2. A few swaddles
3. Photo props/accessories
4. Stuffed Animal
5. Baby Book with handprint and footprint section
6. Installed Car Seat!
7. Blanket for the car ride home - you are not supposed to have the baby is bulky clothes in a car seat so if it is cold, make sure you have a blanket to cover up the baby after he/she is safely in the car seat
xoxo On To The Next Trend