Hi there! Today I am going to share my super easy, healthy and yummy breakfast! I pretty much eat this every morning and it ALWAYS hits the spot! I usually am always in the mood for sweet over savory, and this breakfast is the perfect amount of sweet, while still being good for you!
1. Vanilla Greek Yogurt (or whatever your favorite kind is! I know that non-flavored yogurt is the better choice, but the Light & Fit version has minimal sugar and tastes 100 times better so i stick with this) **Also I but the individual container so I don't have to measure out how much I should be eating. Makes it even easier!
2. 5 Strawberries
3. Handful of blueberries (or any fruit of your choice! Sometimes, I will cut up an apple or a peach)
4. 2 Protein Energy Bites - this is an awesome alternative to processed granola. Don't get me wrong, I still totally eat granola but when I have the time I will meal prep these and the batch makes about 20 of them (around 70 calories per energy bite)! I keep them in my fridge for two weeks worth of breakfast or a quick snack.
Recipe for Protein Energy Bites:
1 cup of old fashioned oats
1/2 cup of honey
1/2 cup of almond butter (or whatever you typically use)
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (again, you can use whatever flavor but I have found that vanilla is my favorite)
handful of white chocolate chips
1. In a large bowl, pour oats and protein powder and mix together
2. In a small bowl, add honey and almond butter and microwave for 1 minute or until warm. Pour over oats and mix together
3. Refrigerate for 30 minutes
4. Once cool, add in white chocolate chips and roll into bite size pieces
5. Store in container in fridge for up to two weeks
And there you have it. Add the yogurt, your fruit and the energy bites to a bowl and enjoy! An easy and healthy breakfast that will keep you full for hours! I pack this for work every morning and get so excited thinking about when I can eat it lol. It's so yummy and never gets old!
xoxo On To The Next Trend